Innovation Workshop: Innovations, Flavours & Colours
When the going gets tough, the tough get smart!
Update yourself on current winning developments, trends, products and opportunities by attending this one-day SAAFoST Workshop.
For your convenience and to suit your budget, this super affordable event will be held in both Pretoria and Cape Town.
The programme will include presentations on the following:
- Ingredients, Trends and Innovations - Sharon Bolel will enlighten members on predicted trends and ingredients to match these.
- Functional Drinks and Foods - Nathalie Jelonek will address functional product trends in the EU, USA and Asia.
- Taste Trends - Rosie Maguire will do a review on flavour trends worldwide.
- Innovations in Colour Sensing - Richard Majewski will speak on the physics of colour and how to measure it.
- 20 New Products for the 2010's - Dr Aubrey Parsons will, at last, reveal to members his top twenty new product ideas.
- The Art and Craft of Innovation; practical - Lu-Marie Sobey (Pta) and Truida Prekel (Cape Town) will help you develop your own innovation skills.
- Health Benefits of Herbs and Spices - Dr Hamed Faridi is Vice President of R&D, McCormick Inc., Mayland, USA. He is responsible for the McCormick Science Institute (MSI) which was created to advance knowledge on the health benefits of culinary spices and herbs. Hear what this renowned scientist and author of six books and over seventy food science articles has to say about the work being done at the MSI. Mike Palmer, McCormick (SA), will do the Cape Town presentation.
Dates and Venues:
- Pretoria: Tuesday 28 July, 2009 - Burgers Park Hotel, Cnr vd Walt and Minnaar Streets. [Tel; 012 322 7500]. (Map)
- Cape Town: Friday 31 July, 2009 - Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), Bellville Campus. (Map)
Programme and Registration:
Pretoria - registration from 07:30. Programme starts at 09:00 and ends at 16:00
Cape Town - registration from 07:30. Programme starts at 09:00 and ends at 16:00
The final programmes will be circulated with the next reminder notice.
Cape Town Programme
R575-00 (R655-50 with VAT) - per paid up SAAFoST Member.
R850-00 (R969-00 with VAT) - for non-members and registrations received after the deadline date Friday 24 July.
IMPORTANT NOTES - a) you have only two full weeks to book, b) see the deadline date on the line above.
- Kindly provide all of the information below and forward it to Irene Burke (email@example.com).
- Irene will respond with an invoice which must please be paid asap - see bank details below.
- Proof of payment to be sent to Irene at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 698 4784
- Registration will take place on receipt of proof of payment by Irene and will be confirmed by her.
- No confirmation within two days means no registration - kindly follow up.
- Thank you for attending carefully to this detail - it saves a lot of bank time and frustration later on!
Details Required by Irene for Registration:
- Names of all attendees:
- Name of Organisation / Company:
- Contact Telephone No:
- Contact fax number:
- Contact e-mail address:
- Organisation VAT number
- Organisation Postal Address:
- Specify which workshop you will be attending: Pretoria on 28/7/09 OR Cape Town on 31-7-09
(Delete the one that you will not be attending)
Bank Deposit Details for when you receive your invoice:
Use only this bank account please:
Account Name: SAAFoST
Bank: ABSA Brooklyn
Account No: 920 582 0197
Branch Code: 632 005
Deposit Reference: your SAAFoST invoice number or attendee and company name and 28/31 July
Event arranged by Owen Frisby (Tel/fax: 012-346 2091).
Notice circulated countrywide by the SAAFoST National Secretariat (Turners 031 368 8000)