SAAFoST Northern Branch Lecture
Tuesday 8 November 2016
Dear Northern Branch Members,
At very short notice and with great excitement - a visiting guest speaker and specialist has been made available to us by Sensient Colors South Africa.
Natural food colours is a subject that many food science and related professionals want to know more about in order to keep abreast of development, legislation, claims and changing consumer demands. We are therefore doubly fortunate, firstly, in having a visiting international specialist in the field address us and secondly, in being sportingly sponsored by Sensient, which makes it easier for us to enjoy a timely update in one of our favourite venues.
See below for more details, book by Friday and avoid the stress of forgetting to do it next week or having to respond at the last moment.
Chair: SAAFoST Northern Branch (2015-2017)
Natural Food Colours and Colouring Foodstuffs:
The next step to differentiating your brand
Speaker: Dr Roland Beck. President of the Natural Food Colours Association
Roland Beck has an Engineering Degree in Biotechnology and a PhD Degree in Food Chemistry. He started his industrial career in product and process development of food ingredients and later moved into sales, marketing and general management. He joined Sensient's Color Division in 2006 and currently manages the company's food colour business for the EMEA region. Dr Beck has been President of NATCOL since 2014, having been with the Association since 2010. He is an expert on regulatory issues relating to the approval and safety of food colours and is author of 70 publications and 20 patents.
Date: Tuesday 8 November 2016
Time: 06:30 for 07:00
Venue: Johannesburg Country Club, Woodmead
Address: Cnr Woodlands Drive & Lincoln Street, Woodmead
Country Club Rules and By-Laws: please take note of these as set out at the foot of this notice
|06:30 for 07:00 ||Arrival, Tea and Coffee|
|07:00 - 08:20 ||Welcome, Announcements & Breakfast |
|08:20 - 09:10 ||Presentation by Dr Roland Beck, Questions, Discussion|
Cost: R100-00 pp (includes VAT)
Special Dietary Requirements: Kosher and Halaal can be made available at extra cost starting from R200 per meal. Please state your preference when booking below to receive a quote before your booking is confirmed.
Booking: through Sharon Beeming, not later than Friday 4 November 2016. Click here to reserve your place: SharonB@turnerssecretariat.co.za
Cancellations: kindly cancel not later than Friday 4 November or, preferably and out of consideration for our sponsor, Sensient, send someone in your place.
No Shows: in addition to the cost of the breakfast, those who book a place and do not attend can transform an unfortunate state of affairs into a very happy one by donating R150 to the SAAFoST student fund.
CLUB RULES and BY-LAWS APPLICABLE TO SAAFoST FUNCTION and GUESTS
- Please ensure that any written article or photographs do not mention the Club in any context, as rule 47 of the Country Club rules state "... no member may make use of the address of the Club in any advertisement or any business whatsoever". This excludes personal invitations.
- CLUB DRESS CODE - Members and their guests are requested to dress appropriately at all times. We ask that your guests are made fully aware of these dress codes as inappropriately attired guests will not be permitted:
- Smart casual attire which includes smart Denims is accepted.
- T-shirts, takkies, torn apparel, running, cycle or track pants are not permitted.
- No flip flops allowed.
- Gentlemen's shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- All goods brought onto the premises (including musical equipment, décor items), at any time shall be exclusively at your own risk and the Country Club will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any damage or loss in respect of such goods. These are to be collected by no later than 4 hours after the function, or a storage fee will be raised.
- No cell phones may be used inside the Club buildings.
- No smoking permitted inside the Club buildings.
Thank you for using The Country Club Johannesburg