Sensory Science Research
Focus On Consumer Segmentation
Speaker: Tormod Nęs
Tormod Nęs from Nofima Mat, a renowned food research institute in Norway, is currently visiting Stellenbosch University. Whilst in SA, he will introduce a new international research project, ConsumerCheck.
The primary aim of the project is to identify the main drivers of liking of consumer products using state of the art statistical techniques such as Preference Mapping and Conjoint Analysis.
As industry have the option to be a partner in this project, the sub-aims are:
- Concrete problem-solving for the respective industrial partners;
- The development of an easy-to-use software tool, for researchers and industry alike;
- Method development with a focus on experimental design and cutting-edge data analysis methodology.
SAAFOST members are welcome to attend the following presentations by Tormod Nęs:
- Monday 8 June 2009: 15:30 - 16:30. Introduction to ConsumerCheck as research tool; 16:30 Cocktail function
- Wednesday 10 June 2009: 9:00 - 12:00. Segmentation in Sensory Science Research: Methods, applications, and strategies for interpreting the segments.
Attendance of both presentations on Monday 8 June & Wednesday 10 June 2009 is free of charge.
Department of Food Science, Stellenbosch University; Hammanshand Road, Stellenbosch
Kindly contact Anchen Lombard on:
Tel: 021-808 3578
for a registration form for ONE or BOTH of the presentations before or on Wednesday 3 June 2009.