Climate Change and Agri-business Conference
The time is now... Tackling climate change.
A South African and UK perspective.
17 - 18 June 2009
Erinvale Hotel, Somerset West
Final date for registration: Wednesday 10 June 2009
Kindly complete the Registration Form and forward it to the SAAA by email at email@example.com or facsimile (021) 880 1274. For more information on the programme contact Dr Ilse Trautmann on telephone (021) 808 5012. For more information on registration contact Lina Keyter or Amanda Binedell at (021) 880 1276/77.
The conference fee of R1 350 includes all refreshments, lunches and an African evening.
Organised by SA Agri Academy, Western Cape Department of Agriculture, British Consulate General Cape Town, and UK Trade and Investment.
Climate change is affecting us all!
Climate change experts from the UK and South Africa will take part in this conference and will focus on:
- Greening the supply chain
- Water and alternative water supply options
- Alternative crops and production practises
- More resilient and appropriate livestock breeds
- Reducing carbon emissions using green land management principles
- Biogas mitigation and renewable energy options
- Carbon footprint within the global food trade
- Carbon credits and trading
- Climate change and food security
EARLY CONFERENCE ALERT! (click here)