What Benefits Are There For SAAFoST Members?
- Each member receives a yearly membership certificate and has access to a copy of the SAAFoST constitution and rules.
- Each member receives a regular monthly copy of the "Food and Beverage Reporter", a 3 monthly Copy of FST Magazine and a monthly copy of "Print and Packaging Media"
- Members are kept up to date with the numerous SAAFoST activities and receive regular invitations to lectures organised by their branches.
- Members regularly receive a food science information brochure comprising articles of interest called SAAFoST Snippets.
- Through membership of SAAFoST, individuals and companies are able to contribute towards, and gainfully participate in, a host of educational and promotional activities aimed at continuously elevating the standards of quality and professionalism in the food industry.
- Institution membership by companies is strongly encouraged because it helps to promote food professionalism in the industry while the slightly higher membership fees contribute greatly towards the student study grants, scholarships and awards offered each year by the Association.
- Membership of SAAFoST indicates an interest in continuing education and a willingness to work to an internationally acceptable professional Code of Ethics.
"SAAFoST is the Association for the caring, concerned food professional - it is active and dynamic and its members would like to keep it that way."