To honour the late Mr Lazar Ginsburg, a founder member of SAAFoST and pioneer of fruit and vegetable refrigeration, SAAFoST instituted the Ginsburg award. This is a monetary award of R9000.00 for the best poster presented at a SAAFoST Biennial Congress.
Posters for adjudication will be pre-selected by an independent panel of experts, appointed by the Congress Organising Committee and based on submitted abstracts. Authors are not advised whether their papers have been pre-selected for adjudication and the decision of the adjudication panel is final. Commercial or advertorial posters do not qualify.
The pre-selection criteria are as follows:
- Entrants must be 35 years of age or younger on submission of the abstract/s.
- Entrants must be either registered students (proof will be required), post docs or young professionals.
- Entrants must be a full paid-up Member of SAAFoST.
- Research must have been carried out in South Africa, in the fields of food science and technology (basic and applied).
- Entrants must present their own work at the Congress.
Adjudication will be carried out by a confidential panel of a minimum of 3 adjudicators per poster under the chairmanship of a suitably qualified person appointed by the Congress Organising Committee Chairperson. Again, the decision of the adjudication panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The award will be made to the presenter of the poster. If there is more than one author, it is up to the authors to agree how the prize is to be shared